2011-01-19

4 artists from The Pacific Art League showing at Cafe Zoe in Menlo Park Jan-Feb 2011

RECEPTION 1-3 Sunday Janurary 23 2011 at Cafe Zoe

Refreshments courtesy Cafe Zoe.

We welcome you to our reception and show.

Cafe Zoe is a cozy community coffee cafe located at intersecion of Menalto and Gilbert in Menlo Park.
Coffee, espresso, pastries, bagels and delicious panini. Free WIFI and local live music.
cafezoemenlopark.com

The 4 artists are all showing through The Pacific Art League community sites exhibit program. PAL, founded in 1921 is a Palo Alto based art organization.
40 percent of all art sales goes to PAL.
pacificartleague.org

ARTISTS

Lena Kashigin
My style is a balance between traditional representational painting and impressionism, based on my desire to create harmonious feeling of peacefulness and beauty. I strongly believe in the importance of positive emotions in our stressful lives, and I hope that my art evokes feelings of peace, happiness and well being in those who view it.
http://www.lenakashigin.com/about

Darwin Poulos
Darwin utilizes 35mm and large format cameras, primarily a Canon A-1 and Shen-Hao 4x5. His B&W photographs are silver gelatin prints produced using traditional darkroom methods. They are usually selenium toned.

The beauty of nature has always fascinated him. The emphasis of his landscape photography is to share the form, texture, and tones that nature has intermingled into such imaginative subjects and stories.
Mr. Poulos has been greatly influenced by Ansel Adams and Edward Weston throughout his photographic career.


Matthew Seigel
Through energetic cascading sheets of color Matthew reinvents Japanese scrolls in modern materials.
matthewbaileyseigel.com


Cathy Zander
My styles vary as widely as the media I use, and I draw inspiration from everything around me. Exploring colors is a dominate theme in most of my artwork. When asked what my favorite color is, I'm likely to reply, “the whole rainbow!” My individual art works vary from serene landscapes to playful twists on a theme (like unexpected puns).
cathyzander.com

------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: