2009-09-01

interview and sketches






Phantom Galleries, thank you for the interview. After re-reading, realized I meant to also conclude with comments on how what I'm doing now picks up again what I did when younger. I'm again making things out of paper, making strange recordings, hanging out with friends doing ink draw. 

These drawings are examples of just the sort of "ink draw" did at multiple middle of the night drawing and painting sessions.

Been asked, process for painting the TANGLE paintings. I start with these, many of them. The ones above are from the 10 in the show. There were hundreds.  Would refer to them before starting a painting. Sometimes tape 1 or 2 on the wall. But the paintings were never a copy, instead, just as these were rapid, feeling driving, developing as they went - the paintings were as well. With the sketch just as a starting point.

No comments: